On the day of Pentecost in the same year of the death , burial and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, a new institution came into being, superseding the covenant between Moses and Jehovah God. This institution is known and recognized as the Church of Jesus Christ and is based upon a new covenant or testament found n the Christian Greek Scripture. It is through this New Testament that we understand the complete message of Hebrew Scripture and therefore hold the entire Authorized Version of the Holy Bible, all sixty-six books, to be God’s Holy Word. It is complete, everlasting, totally and unquestionably true in every respect, and is God’s message concerning the responsibility and fate of every man.
Inasmuch as God has revealed himself to us by a new covenant name, Jesus Christ (Jn. 17:26), and
Inasmuch as Jesus in his earthly ministry trained certain disciples to carry on His work, and gave them an understanding (Luke 24:45), and Inasmuch as he gave them a commission on how to carry out this work, as variously recorded in Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-18, Luke 24:45-49, Acts 1:4-8
Inasmuch as these apostles fulfilled the command of Jesus Christ by preaching New Testament salvation beginning at Jerusalem as recorded in the second chapter of Acts and specifically enunciated in verse 38, and from there proceeded to evangelize the world of their day, and
Inasmuch as in this present day we recognize that the plan of God has not changed as is manifest by the fact that the gift of the Holy Ghost is still being poured out upon those who obey God,
Let it therefore be proclaimed that there is an assembly of the Church in Pike County, MO known as the Old Paths Bible Church which cleaves to the faith once delivered to the saints, and is propagating the only gospel of the death, burial, resurrection, and revelation of Jesus Christ, and shall do our best, as God enables, to see that every soul within this area shall have the opportunity to hear and respond to God’s offer of Salvation.
Our mission is:
- To preach against sin and specifically show through the teaching of the Word of God what sin is. For, saith God, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.” Hosea 4:6
- To preach repentance from sin and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- To baptize those who have demonstrated repentance, and have confessed their sin, and have received the truth of the gospel, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- To see God baptize all who would be saved with His Holy Spirit.
- To provide a place of worship wherein may be found a spiritual environment for the construction and maturity of God’s people.
- Instructing all believers in daily personal worship, prayer, Bible-reading, thanksgiving and appreciation for the blessings of God.
- Instructing all husbands and fathers to lead in daily family worship and prayer.
- Providing a place of congregation for corporate worship on the first day of the week where singing, public testimony, prayers, and preaching shall take place to the building of God’s kingdom.
- Providing an identity to each member in Christ’s body where everyone can find his place and work together, worship together, and enjoy fellowship with all members of the local body.
- To enter into labor with support, and pray for the work of God worldwide by
- Fellowship on a regular basis with other local assemblies with whom there is common faith as defined by God’s Word.
- Contributing finances, labor and prayer to missionaries both domestic and abroad who preach the same gospel message the apostles of Jesus Christ preached.