The next singing will be the second Saturday in December. Hope to see you there!
- MEMORIAL DAY SINGING 2016 from 10:00 am till 4:00 pm on Memorial Day. Carry-in dinner at noon, potluck style. Bring enough to eat and share!
- Every second Saturday of the month we have a Singing at Old Paths Bible Church/Siloam Church. The schedule can be found by following this link: http://www.stlfasola.org/hannibal.htm Please feel free to contact us for more information.
- This year we are hoping to host a SINGING SCHOOL with Mr. David Ivey. When we can nail down a date and details, they will be posted.
- The St. Louis Shape Note Singers host the annual two-day Missouri Convention each year on the 2nd Sunday in March and the Saturday before at St John UCC in Pinckney Township MO. Singers come from all over the United States and Canada, and some from overseas. A complete schedule of singing conventions (and many other resources) is available at www.fasola.org.
- The St. Louis group normally meets to sing on the first, third, and fifth Monday evenings each month, from 7 PM (or as soon as enough singers arrive) until 9:30 PM. Singings on first Mondays are in University City. Singings on third Mondays are at the Music Building on the south campus of the UM-St. Louis in Normandy. Fifth Mondays can vary not only by location but also by time. We are nomadic, enough to make it very wise to check our current schedule and/or contact Dave or Paul before attending. Please check the current schedule page at: www.stlfasola.org or call Dave at 314-776-7477 for updates on times and locations. You may also e-mail Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Memorial Day Singing
Monday, May 24th, 2016
10 A.M. to 4 P.M.
All day singing with dinner-on-the-grounds at noon
Everyone is welcome!! Bring a dish to share!
You are invited to come learn, sing, or listen to the traditional style
of shape-note singing. The Sacred Harp tradition is separate
and distinct from other musical traditions, and dates back to the early
days of America when it was sung in the majority of protestant churches.
Singing is not a performance with us, but an opportunity to join together and sing to our Creator in the same fashion as our patriarchs.
We will sing
from the 1991 Denson version of The Sacred Harp and from The Missouri Harmony. We have loanerbooks, as well as books and recordings forpurchase.
Old Paths Bible Church (Siloam Primitive Baptist)
County Road 410 – 9 mi. South of Bowling Green, MO off Hwy Y near Farmer community.
For more information and map:
Please visit our website at www.stlfasola.org.
You may also contact Tommy Schultz at: (337) 303-4120 or (573) 324-6720